Privacy Week Webinar: The Great Trade-Off: Balancing Privacy and Trust in Marketing
This event is hosted by the Marketing Association and Privacy Commissioner.
AI-powered algorithms, dark patterns, intrusive remarketing, convoluted privacy statements, and data breaches. Privacy specialists (and consumers) are increasingly worried about what big businesses and brands globally are doing with consumers’ personal information. And governments around the world are tightening privacy laws.
For marketers, protecting customers’ data privacy should be equally as important as your brand. The risk to your brand reputation is too high to ignore the impact of privacy concerns on consumers’ trust. But are we overreacting with overly restrictive legislation?
As part of Privacy Week 2023, the Marketing Association is holding a free webinar to help you understand “The Great Trade-Off: Balancing Privacy and Trust”.
- Are marketing communications getting too intrusive, too frequent and too threatening for the average consumer?
- What needs to be done to change the way we design experiences and to support customers to make informed decisions?
- How are dark patterns used to influence customer behaviour? What is the impact on customer behaviour and business outcomes?
- AI ethics – what does best practice look like?
- International shifts in privacy legislation: cookies, consent, ‘do not track’, ‘right to be forgotten’ and more: What can local marketers expect?
- Privacy statements: Is there a better way for businesses to convey their privacy policies?
- Date: 12 May, 2023
- Time: 10am – 11am
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free