Machine Learning & Supercomputing in Science
Join NeSI and Cray on Tuesday 25 September for a morning of lively discussion on machine learning and supercomputing in science. Hear from experts and innovators in the world of Artificial Intelligence (AI), including examples and opportunities for developing AI in New Zealand.
Over the coming years, Artificial Intelligence (AI) will drive economic productivity and growth, improve public services, and enable scientific breakthroughs in areas such as healthcare, primary production, environment, autonomous technologies, and climate.
High-performance computing will be a fundamental element to AI’s ultimate success. While the promise of AI is alluring, what’s not being broadly discussed is how AI projects will stall if the platforms behind the AI can’t address the end-to-end workflow.
This event will kick off with AI experts from Cray presenting examples from machine learning deployments around the world and discuss the technology choices, challenges, and implementation. Following that, we will have New Zealand researchers presenting example case studies in this growing area, highlighting where the opportunities are within the context of New Zealand’s research ecosystem. It will be an opportunity for discussion on how skills, workflows, and platforms change as new AI methods are adopted.
- Dr. Rangan Sukumar, Senior Analytics Architect, Office of the CTO,Cray
- Dr. Charles Siegel, Solution Architect, Artificial Intelligence, Cray
- Dr. Cris Print, Professor, Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland
- Dr. Brent Martin, IT solution architect, Enviro-Mark Solutions Ltd; Computer Science researcher, Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research
- 10:00 am – Welcome
- 10:00 – 11:10 am – Machine Learning, Supercomputing and Science
- 11:10 am – 12:10 pm – Highlights and examples from New Zealand
- 12:10 – 12:30 pm – Discussion: AI opportunities in New Zealand
- 12:30 pm – Wrap up
The AI Forum is a membership-based association, however we welcome non-members to our events unless stated. Note there may be different ticket pricing for members and non-members. We reserve the right to check membership against our database and will contact you if you’ve purchased the incorrect ticket.
If your organisation is not already a member, Join the AI Forum here.