Diplosphere Conference 2023 – Images of the Future: Daily Life in a World Governed by AI
It’s 2033, less than ten years away.
What does daily life look like in world where a new sentient intelligence may be among us? An artificial intelligence on par with, or surpassing our own. This would be an epoch defining development in human civilisation.
Join Diplosphere’s visual journey into the future, examining various aspects of daily life impacted by AI. We will explore both the upsides and downsides with experts from Aotearoa New Zealand and around the world, in the short, medium and long-terms.
The conference will help New Zealand design a world-leading approach to this powerful technology as it develops rapidly.
AI Forum NZ members receive a 20% discount on the ticket price – use Promocode AIFORUM while registering at: https://Diplosphere2023.eventbrite.co.nz
- Education: How do we teach our kids?
- Jobs: Where are they? Where will my kids be working?
- Climate: How does AI affect climate?
- Health: How can AI transform the future of healthcare?
- Food: How is food produced? What’s on our plate?
- Peace & War: Are machines fighting? The Geopolitics of AI
- Wealth distribution: Between rich and poor
- Ethics and Maori data sovereignty perspectives
- Government regulation: Keeping safe without stifling innovation
- Innovation & creativity: Artists, how will they survive in a world of Deep Fakes
- Investment/Business: How can NZ lead?
The conference brings together different stakeholders from politics, academia, media, business, diplomacy and civil society. It will be relevant to policymakers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, Māori leaders, educators, professional bodies, and the general public. This is a unique chance for you to be inspired, look forward, exchange ideas, and connect with leading experts and new voices.
The tale of our future with AI has not been written yet. How would you like to play it out?
For more information, visit https://www.diplosphere.org/conference
- Date: Tuesday, 29 August, 2023
- Time: 8am – 5.15pm
- Venue: Tākina Wellington Convention and Exhibition Centre, 50 Cable Street Wellington