The Artificial Intelligence Forum of New Zealand / Te Kahui Atami Iahiko o Aotearoa (AI Forum) annual meeting is being held on Wednesday 23 November 2022, giving you and your organisation a chance to be involved in shaping the future of AI in Aotearoa.
The AI Forum was established to provide a collaborative voice, create connections, increase knowledge, support growth, enable investment and influence AI related policy.
Our purpose is: Harnessing the power of AI to enable a prosperous, inclusive and equitable future Aotearoa
To achieve that we actively bring together a diverse range of people and organisations from across industry, government, not-for-profit organisations and academia to actively shape and drive New Zealand’s AI capabilities.
Our Executive Council members are critical to the continued success of the AI Forum. We are now seeking nominations for our Executive Council and encourage you to consider the role or to nominate someone who can make an impact.
The AI Forum is a member of the New Zealand Tech Alliance, a group of independent technology associations from across New Zealand, working together to ensure a strong voice for technology. In line with our Diversity Policy, we have actively identified skills and experience needed to help us accelerate our strategies and ensure diverse thinking.
Executive Council Nominations
At each annual meeting there is an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the AI Forum’s Executive Council.
This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (two positions)
- Corporate – Other (one position)
- SMEs & Start-ups (one position)
- Education (one position)
- Government (two positions)
The nominees must be from an AIFNZ member organisation and from the same category they are to represent on the Executive Council.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, Wednesday 19 October, 2022.
AIFNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of the AI Forum
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually one and a half hours in duration (video conferencing available)
- Represent the AI Forum at industry events and as part of any delegations to government and other key stakeholders
- Assist with managing and securing members of the AI Forum
- Participate in the AI Forum working groups and projects
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for the AI Forum on particular issues relating to working groups or projects
- Be a vocal advocate for the AI Forum
Voting will take place online, in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of the Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote, allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 4.00pm on Wednesday 23 November 2022 and is to be held via video conference. Please register here to attend.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Wednesday 2 November 2022.
- Now: Call for nominations for Executive Committee members is issued to members.
- 19 October: Nominations close, and all received nominations are validated.
- 26 October: Electronic voting commences.
- 2 November: Due date for notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting.
- 9 November: Electronic voting closes.
- 23 November: Results announced at Annual Meeting.