The teams at AI New Zealand and the AI Forum would like to thank you everyone that attended and supported AI-DAY 2018. The event was a huge success and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive!
Our mission was to connect the AI Community in NZ and engage you with knowledge and conversations to accelerate your AI development programs and increase understanding of the many opportunities and challenges from AI. We hope the impact of AI-DAY 2018 will be enduring for you and your team.
AI-DAY Videos of each talk and panel discussions will be published on YouTube in the next couple of weeks.
If you’d like to share your thoughts now please email email@example.com any time.
We’re doing it all again in 2019. Stay tuned for event announcements in the next few weeks and early bird tickets which will be on sale shortly.
We’d like to thank all our speakers and panelists for presenting at AI-DAY. Please connect or follow them on LinkedIn or Twitter to stay in touch.
The Opportunity with AI
- Hon Clare Curran – Broadcasting, Communications and Digital Media Minister
- Steven Guggenheimer – Corporate Vice President – AI Business – Microsoft
- Guy Littlefair – Dean of Faculty – Design and Creative Technologies – AUT
Developing an AI Capability
- Dawie Olivier – CIO – Westpac New Zealand
- Mahmood Hikmet – Research and development coordinator – Ohmio
- Kurt Janssen – Founder – Orbica
The Capability Panel
- David Leach – CEO – Qrious
- Eduard Liebenberger – Head of Digital – Jade Software
- Asa Cox – CEO – Intela AI
- Frances Valintine – Founder – Tech Futures Lab
- Brent Franich – Regional Sales Manager – Flashblade / Pure Storage
The Impact of AI on People and Society
- Grant Ryan – Founding Coordinator – The Cacophony Project
- Sean Lyon – CTO – Netsafe
- Alayna Van Dervort – Tech for Social Impact Project Manager – Amazon
The People and Society Panel
- Angie Judge – CEO – Dexibit
- Mahsa Mohaghegh – Lecturer, AUT – School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- Lillian Grace – CEO and Founder – Figure.NZ
- Olivia Erdelyi – Lecturer – Canterbury University Law School
- Alistair Knott – Associate Professor in the Computer Science department at the University of Otago
The Future with AI
- Aaron McDonald – CEO – Centrality.AI
- Adam Cutler – Distinguished Designer, Artificial Intelligence Design – IBM Design
- Greg Cross & Mark Sagar – CBO & CEO – Soul Machines
Thanks once again
Justin Flitter, Ben Reid & Chantal Thomas